“[The perfection of humanity] can be realized,
however, only when a world-state is organized,
and for this, mankind is not yet ready.”
Dear friend and supporter of AFA,
Would you believe that that statement – advocating for a one-world government – was uttered by an adviser to three U.S. presidents? I’ll tell you his name in a moment.
But let me ask you a question: Do you remember when the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991?
The former Soviet republics became independent. President Gorbachev resigned. The hammer and sickle flag came down from the Kremlin and was replaced by a flag that had not been used since before the Russian Revolution in 1917.
An entire socio-political-economic system was dissolved, and another very different one took its place.
If that happened in America – and history tells us that it could –
what kind of nation would you want to see built on the ruins
of the old United States of America?
Would it be like our current one – a nation founded on the principles of the Declaration of Independence and a government established by the Constitution? Would it be something else?
Maybe you’ve never thought about that, but I urge you to consider it, because others have – and they have a very different vision for America.
In fact, over 100 years ago, a group of people began to reimagine and work toward transforming America into a radically different nation from the one we love.
Their America would renounce our founding principles and create a nation rooted in humanism – a philosophy that rejects God and puts man at the authoritative center of all things. In their new nation, that unchallenged authority would be wielded through a government whose power had no limits.
Today, these people are known as secular progressives, and regrettably, their philosophy has become mainstream. We see it in the media, in government, in entertainment, in public schools, and even in some churches.
In fact, the quote at the top of this page came from influential progressive Charles Merriam, a professor of political science at the University of Chicago who became an adviser to several U.S. presidents, including Franklin D. Roosevelt. He made the statement in 1903. That shows how long this poison has been seeping into the American bloodstream.
To expose and counter the secular progressive movement, AFA has created a must-have resource that I want to send you now.
Written by AFA executive vice president Ed Vitagliano, The Progressive Threat to the American Republic – a 40-page booklet and companion DVD presentation – reveals the forces that have brought America to the brink of losing our freedoms, and why it is our greatest civic duty to work to restore an understanding of America’s founding principles.
If you love our nation, let me challenge you to make it a New Year’s resolution to put this material into the hands of at least 10 people. There may be nothing more important you could do for America.
Summarizing statements from their own prophets, secular progressives want to take America to a place where:
• there are no rights for men and women except those the government allows;
• government is run by administrators and not by “meddlesome” voters;
• people are docile and submissive;
• government shepherds citizens throughout their lives, while making sure that individualism and patriotism don’t interfere;
• America would eventually become part of an all-powerful, unified, globalist super-state.
Are you getting a mental picture of countries like China or North Korea? Maybe something out of Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World? Well, you’re not far off.
Although we largely live with the expectation that America will always be free, our Founding Fathers did not assume that. That’s why they studiously examined the fate of once free peoples who had lost their liberties, and then carefully crafted a republic that offered the best chance of prosperity and survival.
When Ronald Reagan gave his inaugural address as governor of California on January 5, 1967, he warned the people of his state – and also every American – that liberty should not be
taken for granted:
“Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again.”
Reagan’s warning makes me shudder because over the last few decades our nation’s trajectory has been ominous.
Consider these stunning findings from recent surveys:
• Half of millennials (roughly ages 18-35) believe Americans would be better off living under socialism or communism (44% and 7% respectively) than under capitalism (42%)!
• Only 36% of millennials have a “very unfavorable” opinion of communist ideology.
• Fifty-one percent of college students believe that, if a controversial speaker comes to their campus, it’s OK to shout down that speaker so no one else can hear him. The number is even higher (62%) among secular progressives.
• Almost one out of every five college students (19%) say resorting to violence to prevent a speaker from speaking is acceptable!
Are these troubling stats not a call to action to resist the take over of our nation by godless humanists?
How about what progressives plan to do to Christians and other conservatives, once they obtain power?
“The culture wars are over; [traditionalists] lost, [secularists] won,” said Harvard Law School professor Mark Tushnet in 2016. “For liberals, the question now is how to deal with the losers in the culture wars.”
What was Tushnet’s suggestion? Treat Christians and others like slave-owners and Nazis. “Trying to be nice to the losers didn’t work well after the Civil War … And taking a hard line seemed to work reasonably well in Germany and Japan after 1945.… The [culture] war’s over, and we won.”
Please, let us work to prove Tushnet wrong. Here’s what you can do now. .
1. Get The Progressive Threat to the American Republic booklet and companion DVD. I’ll send it to you when you make a contribution to AFA to strengthen our resistance to the progressive movement. Please be as generous as you can.
2. Arm yourself with a knowledge and understanding of the attempted humanist overthrow of our constitutional republic.
3. Make it one of your 2018 objectives to put the DVD and booklet into the hands of at least 10 other people. (Quantity discounts are available. See the enclosed gift slip.)
I have said it before, and now I say it again with all sincerity:
I promise you that this ministry that God has forged through your prayers, gifts, and involvement will never back down from our calling to restore America to be truly one nation under God.
Against the pressures of political correctness, secular public policy, and Satan’s attacks, AFA will stand on the principles of the Bible. We will speak out. We will inform. We will rally. We will protect. And we will act.
With that promise in mind, I ask you to please continue your faithful support of AFA in 2018 through your prayers, your gifts, and your actions.
American Family Association president