"Big Year for foreign policy -- but little mention in Obama's State of the Union. The foreign policy headling of the State of the Union speech is how far the president went to avoid generating a national security headline. In on eof the longest of recent SOTU's, the president's speechwriters devoted some of the shortest space and least consequential language to national security."
Are we still at war? You wouldn't know it from listening to Obama's State of the Union (SOTU) Address. You wouldn't know that there are any serious foreign policy issues. You also wouldn't know that we have nay national security issues, such as giving terrorists the constitutional rights of citizens.
How would you characterize Obama's SOTU address. Here are my 10 suggestions:
1. Obama's SOTU address was a nothing burger...with paper-mâché fries.
2. Obama's SOTU address was Christmas stolen by the Grinch (Obama, the Grinch?).
3. Obama's SOTU address was the big Super-bowl party to which you invited all your friends...and nobody came.
4. Obama's SOTU address was a kite in a high wind...with no tail...and no string.
5. Obama's SOTU address was a weeks' vacation in sun-kissed Cozumel...and it rained all week.
6. Obama's SOTU address was a batch of chocolate brownies with no chocolate.
7. Obama's SOTU address was a lost-ball in high weeds...and the ball was colored green.
8. Obama's SOTU address was a day when everybody in school got sent to the principal's office.
9. Obama's SOTU address was the brand-new pair of shoes you've wanted for years...and they are two sizes too small.
10.Obama's SOTU address offered nothing...but everybody got some.
Is this the best we can expect from the great orator?
What is the definition of lame? Obama's SOTU address.
(1) Big year for foreign policy -- but little mention in Obama's State of the Union